Saturday, January 31, 2009

Leaving - Blog no. 1

Some write journals in order to document their travels, writing every details about their trip in a book they very rarely fill and don’t show any body else and often forget about it years after their trip. Others don’t write anything at all keeping all their thoughts and memories stuck in their brain letting time and old age slowly wither and twist them before taking them away. Some, more organised and outgoing people write small details of there trip, take photos and keep any small nik naks that they could possibly fit on a page in order to fit in a scrap book so that they have something more visually appealing to remember their trip and show their friends. A much more newer way of documenting trips is to write about your trip on a web page, publishing every detail about your trip in cyber space in order for friends and family and sometimes even random strangers to see. We’ll this is what I have chosen. And I hope it absolutely enthralling and keeps you all on the edge of your seats.

Well the journey has finally began… I’m currently writing this blog on my flight from Singapore. And No! for all of you thinking it, I’m not using the internet on a plane, and going to make it crash. I’m simply writing this blog in word before copying and pasting it on the internet at a later date. I wouldn’t even think there’s a wireless connection in the world that could reach me at 4,000 feet above the indina ocean, no matter how good the wireless is on my MacBook Air, and im not to keen on testing to see if there is a connection for fear I will make the plane crash.
The feelings of nerves left me once I got on the plane, I think I was so concerned about all the things that could go wrong, forget to pack something vital, losing my passport, car crashing on my way to the airport. But once I checked my luggage in and hopped on that plane it was like it finally settled in that I was leaving and I no matter how much more organised I would have like to have been, the fact was, I was leaving.
My Parents came and picked me up and drove me to the airport, defiantly not as organised as I would like to be, it took some time to pack all my stuff in the car, majority of the stuff I was packing wasn’t actually to come with me, but to go my mum’s place as I was moving out of my apartment. So it was bye bye Bent st, my residence for the past 12 months, located in the heard of the city, behing the ever so busseling rundle st.
It was sad saying goodbye and a tear almost came to my eye, but im not much of a cryer and I always comfort myself and thinking ‘It’s only 12 months’… ‘I have the rest of my life to live in Adelaide… and it’s really not going anywhere’
So I sit here typing this blog, sitting my extremely uncomfortable economy seat. So yes, I was declined when I asked for an upgrade, but I was expected it. I am, however, a firm believer that if you don’t ask you’d never know… But they didn’t even give me emergency exit row. My seat isn’t too bad though its two rows back from the the front (of economy) and its an isle so I have easy access to the toilets. I am seated next to a very quite German couple and I often wonder how they are surviving the flight as I haven’t seen them talk to each other once, just sit there glaring at nothing or attempting to sleep, whilst I have watched three movies, the documentary on getting around Singapore, done two laps of the plane and have been to the bathroom three times. And now in my final hour I have decided to get started on this blog. I don’t understand how people could be bored on aeroplanes. I was quite excited when I saw the number of movies available and have planed my journey well. Taking into account that I will be on a 14 hour flight soon that will have the same films.
So in a few minutes I will arrive in Singapore, do the whole immigration mumbo jumbo, be picked up by some Singaporean friends Lyn and Michelle and will soon meet my friend Sasha who arrived yesterday.
So this was my first blog. I apologise that it wasn’t very enthruling but remember my journey hasn’t even started yet. I hope you continue to read, as it will actually mean I’m writing this for a reason. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment